Johnny’s senior talent Masahiko Kondo sent his congratulations to Jin Akanishi on September 24, reports Chunichi Sports.
Akanishi and his wife, actress Meisa Kuroki, had a baby girl on September 23. It has been reported during an interview in Tokyo, Kondo, who also has a 4-year-old son, said he had some advice for Akanishi about being a father.
“Kids are really cute. Just seeing them makes your worries go away. I don’t think you need to put more pressure on yourself, it’s okay to do things at your own pace.”
Kondo also said he would like to encourage Akanishi to keep doing what he wants to do, even after all the drama so far with leaving KAT-TUN, going to the USA, a cancelled concert tour, and a blank work schedule.
“I chose to start a racing career, and I’m still involved in it. You can get through it if you concentrate on your work and have faith in your fans and your supporters. Your wife and children are on your side, you’ll be alright.”
New tour announcements and new songs were some of the surprises Matchy, Tegomass, and Tackey brought out at the 2011 Jingu Gaen Fireworks festival in Tokyo on August 6, reports Asahi Shimbun and Nikkan Sports.
The fireworks festival was transformed into a Tohoku Disaster charity event this year. With the likes of Johnny’s senior talent Masahiko Kondo (also known as Matchy), Hideaki Takizawa (Tackey & Tsubasa), and Tegomass in the performing lineup, more than 110,000 packed the four venues, and more than 200,000 people packed the area on Saturday as 10,000 fireworks were set off into the night air.
It has been reported Matchy kicked off his performance with his classic hit song “ギンギラギンにさりげなく (Gingiragin ni Sarigenaku)”.
“Because fireworks festivals are summer festivals, right. I thought it would be best to start with something everyone knew and could sing together,” he said.
Matchy had said even though it was his second year performing at the fireworks festival with Tegomass, the addition of Tackey had changed things.
“Something’s different about this year. Takizawa shows us his costumes. Tegomass lets us listen to their songs. I guess it’s my responsibility to get everyone going.”
In his first Jingu Gaen fireworks festival performance, Tackey could not hide his smile.
“This is my first outdoor performance, but it’s really fun. It’s a good chance to show what I am in front of Matchy-san and Tegomass fans.”
Tegomass surprised fans by performing a new song, “花火 (Hanabi, Fireworks)”.
“We’d been looking forward to this [event] since we got told about it,” Yuya Tegoshi said.
“This is a song we made especially for the Jingu Gaen fireworks festival,” Takahisa Masuda said.
Tackey and Tegomass even got to sing “-MOTTO-” with Matchy, giving fans to see a stage full of senior and junior Johnny’s talents.
As a surprise, Matchy announced he would perform his first Hong Kong concert in 25 years on December 11. It will be the first time in 21 years the singer has performed overseas, his last being in Singapore in 1990.
“I’d been criticised as being a bad-ass in Hong Kong, but I think I can show them I’ve grown up.”
Matchy was not the only one to announce a new concert tour. Tegomass also revealed they would embark on their third national tour starting on October 22. The duo will go around 11 cities, and are expected to attract more than 210,000 fans in total.
Johnny’s & Associates will launch a new relief project involving every one of their talents to support the victims of the Japan earthquake, it was revealed on March 19, reports Sponichi Annex and Sports Hochi.
It has been reported the project will include a charity CD sale and events.
On March 18, a truck originally intended to transport concert equipment, instead transported everyday needs like disposable baby diapers and disinfectant to affected areas in Iwate prefecture. Johnny’s talents Hideaki Takizawa (28), Tsubasa Imai (29), and Yuma Nakayama (17) helped to load the goods onto the truck.
“Our fans have supported us, now we want to give something back to them,” Imai said.
“If we can help motivate people to do something by doing it ourselves, I think there’s a need for all of us (at Johnny’s) to get together and ask our fans to help out as well,” Takizawa said.
Following the 1995 Kobe earthquake, 13 Johnny’s talents from the Kansai region, or with connections to Kansai had formed “J-FRIENDS” (TOKIO, KinKi Kids, and V6). The special group released CDs and held performances to raise money for earthquake victims.
It has been reported that other talents had said they wanted to help out if another charity group were to be formed, and it is expected that this project will be bigger than ever. The group will even include Johnny’s senior Masahiko Kondo, Shonentai, SMAP, and Arashi.
More than 150 “Sakura Junior High School graduates” will make guest appearances on the final of the long-running Kinpachi Sensei drama series, reports The Television.
“3年B組金八先生・ファイナル〜『最後の贈る言葉』4時間SP〜 (3-nen B-gumi Kinpachi Sensei Final ~’Saigo no Okuru Kotoba’ 4 hour special~)” will mark the final of a drama series that had started in October 1979. For 32 years Kinpachi Sakamoto Sensei, played by Tetsuya Takeda, has taught and helped junior high schoolers as they faced the challenges of their time.
In the final four hour special, the following Johnny’s talents have been confirmed as guests (as of noon March 7):
- Masahiko Kondo (1st series)
- Ippei Hikaru (ex-Johnny’s) (2nd series)
- Shunsuke Kazama (5th series)
- Kazuya Kamenashi (KAT-TUN) (5th series)
- Takahisa Masuda (NEWS) (6th series)
- Shigeaki Kato (NEWS) (6th series)
- Kota Yabu (Hey! Say! JUMP) (7th series)
- Hikaru Yaotome (Hey! Say! JUMP) (7th series)
The final show will be aired in Japan on March 27, and a pre-final TV show will air on March 24.
More Johnny’s on guest star list (as of 9am March 8):
- Yoshikazu Toushin (Johnny’s Jr.) (6th series)
- Taiyo Ayukawa (ex-Johnny’s) (7th series)
- Yuma Sanada (Johnny’s Jr.) (8th series)
For full list (Japanese) click here.
Who’s Number 1 in each category?
Is it surprising? Did you expect this? The general election has brought some interesting results!
Monthly TV Guide (January 27 – February 28 2011)
1. Tsuyoshi Domoto (KinKi Kids) – 10 votes
2. Masayuki Sakamoto (V6) – 8 votes
3. Yuya Tegoshi (NEWS) – 6 votes
4. Satoshi Ohno (Arashi) – 2 votes
1. Noriyuki Higashiyama (Shonentai) – 9 votes
1. Satoshi Ohno (Arashi) – 9 votes
3. Go Morita (V6) – 5 votes
4. Tomoyuki Yara (Musical Academy) – 4 votes
5. Tomohisa Yamashita (NEWS) – 2 votes
5. Jin Akanishi – 2 votes
1. Kazunari Ninomiya (Arashi) – 10 votes
2. Tsuyoshi Kusanagi (SMAP) – 5 votes
3. Tomoya Nagase (TOKIO) – 4 votes
4. Takuya Kimura (SMAP) – 3 votes
5. Junichi Okada (V6) – 2 votes
5. Satoshi Ohno (Arashi) – 2 votes
5. Ryo Nishikido (NEWS/Kanjani8) – 2 votes
Talent I spend a lot of time hanging out with
1. Yuichi Nakamaru (KAT-TUN) – 7 votes
2. Shingo Murakami (Kanjani8) – 3 votes
2. Koki Tanaka (KAT-TUN) – 3 votes
2. Junnosuke Taguchi (KAT-TUN) – 3 votes
2. Hey! Say! JUMP members – 3 votes
Talent I most admire
1. Masahiko Kondo – 6 votes
2. Koichi Domoto (KinKi Kids) – 5 votes
3. All seniors – 4 votes
3. Everyone in Johnny’s – 4 votes
5. Takuya Kimura (SMAP) – 2 votes
5. Shingo Katori (SMAP) – 2 votes
5. Tomoya Nagase (TOKIO) – 2 votes
5. Masahiro Matsuoka (TOKIO) – 2 votes
5. Satoshi Ohno (Arashi) – 2 votes
5. Hideaki Takizawa (Tackey & Tsubasaa ) – 2 votes
1. Yuri Chinen (Hey! Say! JUMP/NYC) – 8 votes
2. Noriyuki Higashiyama (Shonentai) – 5 votes
3. Tatsuya Yamaguchi (TOKIO) – 4 votes
3. Masahiro Matsuoka (TOKIO) – 4 votes
5. Takahisa Masuda (NEWS) – 3 votes
1. Yuri Chinen (Hey! Say! JUMP/NYC) – 10 votes
2. Ryo Nishikido (NEWS/Kanjani8) – 2 votes
2. Ryosuke Yamada (Hey! Say! JUMP/NYC) – 2 votes
2. Yuya Tegoshi (NEWS) – 2 votes
Talent with most number of hobbies
1. Junnosuke Taguchi (KAT-TUN) – 5 votes
2. Tomoya Nagase (TOKIO) – 4 votes
2. Shota Yasuda (Kanjani8) – 4 votes
2. Yuto Nakajima (Hey! Say! JUMP) – 4 votes
5. Taichi Kokubun (TOKIO) – 3 votes
1. Sho Sakurai (Arashi) – 9 votes
2. Yoshihiko Inohara (V6) – 3 votes
2. Shigeaki Kato (NEWS) – 3 votes
4. Kazukiyo Nishikiori (Shonentai) – 2 votes
4. Koichi Domoto (KinKi Kids) – 2 votes
4. Yuto Nakajima (Hey! Say! JUMP) – 2 votes
4. Kota Yabu (Hey! Say! JUMP) – 2 votes
Talent I want to collaborate with
1. Tomoya Nagase (TOKIO) – 3 votes
1. Yuichi Nakamaru (KAT-TUN) – 3 votes
3. Shingo Katori (SMAP) – 2 votes
3. Tatsuya Yamaguchi (TOKIO) – 2 votes
3. Taichi Kokubun (TOKIO) – 2 votes
3. Koichi Domoto (KinKi Kids) – 2 votes
3. Tsuyoshi Domoto (KinKi Kids) – 2 votes
3. Satoshi Ohno (Arashi) – 2 votes
3. Yu Yokoyama (Kanjani8) – 2 votes
3. Kajani8 – 2 votes
3. Anyone – 2 votes
Fave TV show starring a Johnny’s talent
1. “ザ!鉄腕!DASH!! (The! Tetsuwan! DASH!!)” – 5 votes
2. “僕らの音楽 (Bokura no Ongaku)” – 3 votes
2. “世界の果てまでイッテQ! (Sekai no Hate made ItteQ!)” – 3 votes
4. “SMAP X SMAP” – 2 votes
4. “中井正弘のブラックバラエティ (Masahiro Nakai’s Black Variety)” – 2 votes
4. “ぷっすま (Pussuma)” – 2 votes
4. “学校へ行こう (Gakko he Ikou)” – 2 votes
4. “嵐にしやがれ (Arashi ni Shiyagare)” – 2 votes
Fave movie starring a Johnny’s talent
1. “ピカ☆ンチ (Pikanchi)” movie series – 4 votes
2. “SPACE BATTLESHIP Yamato” – 3 votes
2. “木更津キャッツアイ ワールドシリーズ(Kisarazu Cat’s Eye World Series)” – 3 votes
4. “HERO” – 2 votes
4. “SP 野望篇 (SP Yabo Episode)” – 2 votes
4. “花より男子F (Hanayori Dango F)” – 2 votes
4. “硫黄島からの手紙 (Letters from Iwo Jima)” – 2 votes
4. “スノープリンス 禁じられた恋のメロディ (Snow Price Kinjirareta Koi no Melody)” – 2 votes
Fave Johnny’s song
1. “オレンジ (Orange)” by SMAP – 3 votes
2. “Bonnie Butterfly” by KinKi Kids – 2 votes
2. “きっと大丈夫 (Kitto Daijyobu)” by Arashi – 2 votes
KinKi Kids, KAT-TUN, and Tegomass were among the Johnny’s stars who had come to see their Johnny’s senior Masahiko Kondo (46) perform at one of the last concerts of his 30th anniversary tour in Tokyo last night, reports Oricon.
It has been reported the teary-eyed singer faced his fans and friends in the Nihon Budokan who were all chanting, “Matchy”.
“I’m not crying…but I’m very touched. 30 years has been really long…
“The things I hold closest to me are my friends, my (Johnny’s) juniors. And of course, my fans,” he said.
During the concert’s encore, Kondo was joined on stage by Johnny’s stars lead by Shonentai’s Katsuhide Uekusa, Atsuhiro Sato, Hiroshi Nagano from V6, KinKi Kids, Tegomass, and KAT-TUN.
“Today my juniors have come to see me. I hope they go home thinking, ‘the old man’s still going strong’,” he said.
KinKi Kids’ Koichi Domoto had said, “it was like his soul was singing”, prompting the press at the concert to cheer Kondo on to do another tour next year.
“Next year? Let me think about it please,” Kondo said.
However, he also added he wouldn’t be the underdog at this year’s Johnny’s New Year’s countdown concert.
“I’m not going to let myself lose to my juniors yet!,” he said.
Kondo’s fist national tour in 21 years had started back in April, titled “あの街この街マッチとデート 思い出ツアー(Ano Machi Kono Machi Matchy to Date Omoide Tour, That Town This Town a Date with Matchy Memory Tour)”, the singer has been touring around more than 30 venues before finishing at Tokyo’s Nihon Budokan, where his final concert will be held tonight December 11.
With an orchestra and band backing him up, the 46-year-old sang all of his hit songs, and was even taken up 20 metres into the air in a gondola as he continued to sing.
After finishing the first of his last two concerts in Tokyo, the singer said he had a lot of hope for the future.
“I was really touched. 30 years is very long and I can’t believe my fans have been with me all this time.
“This year was an amazing year work-wise. I was awarded Best Vocal Performer by the Japan Record Awards, which has been very encouraging and it motivates me to work harder and learn more things,” he said.
Summary of Johnny’s Christmas Message 2010
This is Masahiko Kondo.
“あの街この街マッチとデート思い出ツアー第２弾 (Ano Machi Kono Machi Matchy to Date Omoide Tour Part 2)” will have concerts at the (Japan) Budokan on December 10th and 11th.
I’ve been going around (cities) for a long time and now it’s going to end with a bang at the Budokan! If you have some time to spare it would be great if you could come and have fun at my concert!
I think you can have a really good time at the concert, and get excited. I think it’ll make you say, “I’m so glad I came!”, and you can go home a little more happier so please come by!!
That and I have something called “マッチとおやつ☆☆☆・・・ (Matchy to Oyatsu☆☆☆…)”, it’s a dinner show you can come to with your children. It’ll be held around Christmas in Osaka and Tokyo. So if you want to have a good time at Christmas, instead of spending Christmas at home, it would be great if you could spend it at Matchy to Oyatsu☆☆☆…
And, of course, there is also a dinner show for adults at Christmas! So there aren’t children here, but I’ll be singing all of my songs up to now, mature songs, and christmas songs so it’s a Christmas party for adults that will be held at Osaka and Tokyo! Please drop by!
It’s still a little early but thank you very much for a great year, and come by my dinner show and concert too!
Credits to: www.johnnys-net.jp